How to increase Facebook Group Engagement
May 19, 2020
If one thing stays constant, it is the changing algorithms in Facebook.
It can be hard to manage your business when you are constantly trying to keep up to the new and improved ways of connecting with your audience. Believe it or not, that is exactly what Facebook wants you to do. They want you connecting with your audience in a meaningful and beneficial way.
Years ago you could add a post and let it sit there for all your group members to read. Now most don't even see 1/10th of the posts you add.
Our challenge this week is to increase engagement so that more of your group members see your content, and when you are ready to launch your own offer, more will see it.
How to get set up:
- You can ask group members 3 questions when they join your group. The three most important questions are: 1. What are you struggling with most? 2. What do you hope to get out of this group? Advice, support, connection? 3. Please add your email (optional) so that I can keep you posted on important updates to our group. (by asking for an email, you have another way to interact with them if they do not see your posts) If you have already started your group, you can find this under "Moderate Group" and "Membership Questions"
- Welcome them into the group when they join (you will see this on the right hand side of the group page. Click "You have X new members this week. Write a post to welcome them.
- When you welcome new members, tell them what you want them to do. (i.e. Please introduce yourself and start a new post to ask your questions.) You can also direct them to another post such as an announcement or next-steps post.
- Instruct new members to click on 'notifications' and 'All posts" so they don't miss anything. This is also a good time to point out the rules of the group!
- This is your party! You set the tone and keep the engagement happening. Make sure you are adding thoughtful questions and comments. You wouldn't invite someone over for dinner and then just stare at them...you would have a conversation, respond to their questions, and make them feel at home. Just like a dinner party, this is your place to shine. They are in your group for YOU!!!
So, now that you have them in your group, how do you keep them engaged?
- Respond to their comments and posts as soon as you can!
- Add polls that are easy to respond to. I love using the POLL option. This is a quick way for your members to interact and feel a part of a community.
- Add a challenge. People love to feel like they are getting something out of a group. A challenge will push them to make a change or move forward. Challenges are a fun way to keep connected and allow your members to brag about their accomplishments...how they completed the challenge and what it meant to them. For parent coaches you can challenge your members to: stop yelling, meditate daily, stretch, breath deeply, say kind works to their kids, pause daily etc. Find out what your audience is struggling with, and then offer a challenge that you can support them through.
- Add thoughtful and provoking questions that give your members an opportunity to talk about themselves and/or their kids. Not sure what to ask? Grab them here and post one a day for a week. (Keep track of your engagement and see what questions resonate best with your audience.)
- If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?
- Would you rather be able to walk on water or speak all foreign languages?
- What do you look for in a friend?
- What do you wish you were an expert at?
- What do you want to know more about?
- What's your favourite drink? Flower? Colour? Food? Sport? etc
- What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
- If you knew you could not fail, what would you do?
- If you were a famous dancer, what kind of dance would you perform?
- Would you rather say everything on your mind or nothing at all?
- What kind of art do you enjoy most?
- Do you prefer to sleep in or get up early?
- What are you most afraid of?
- Would you rather have a rewind or pause button on your life?
- What is something you have done that no one would expect?
- What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to?
- What childish thing do you do as an adult?
- Who do you wish you could have dinner with?
- If you were a type of flower, what type would you be?
- What takes up way too much of your time?
- Would you rather talk or listen?
- Fly or breathe under water?
- What is one thing you can do better than anyone else you know?
- What is the farthest you have been from home?
- If you could one spend the next year with one person, who would it be?
- What one word would describe your family?
- What one word would describe you?
- Who do you admire the most?
- Would you rather have more time or more money?
- You have to wear a t-shirt with one word on it for a year. What would that one word be?
- What is the best gift anyone has ever given you?
- Describe your dream day.
- Describe your dream job.
- What job would you be terrible at?
- What is your favourite children's story?
- What is the best way to start your day?
- What is your favourite book? Author? Band?
- What poem do you have memorized?
- What do you hope never changes?
In fact, let's make this a challenge!
For one week go through this list and make updates to:
- Your 3 questions
- Your Rules
- Your Welcome message
- Then, each day, post a poll or question
- Engage, engage, engage!!!
Good luck, my friend! Let's get engaging!
Click here to join our Facebook Group: FREE BUSINESS TIPS for PARENT COACHES
Do you want to get listed on our parent website? Click here to list with us and connect with other Parent Coaches!